Free Mutt Egg (mixed standard size chicken) Fuquay NC

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
Someone was kind enough to give me 4 duck eggs for my chicken to hatch. They also gave me a standard size chicken egg. Its fertalized and ready to go, fresh from this morning. I guess I could just eat it, but if anyone wanted to pick it up and give it a go they are welcome to it! You just need to pick it up from our house.

I thought about hatching it anyways, but my poor silkie is on 4 huge duck eggs already and I doubt I could slip in one more Jumbo sized egg.

Also, we'll be leaving for the fair soon (within the hour), so the first person to PM me and can pick up tomorrow gets it!

Do you think if I just stuck it under her and it hatched someone would want it then? I just don't want a mutt chicken in with my Silkies. I'm trying to stick purebreed here. All I know is it will be a Jumbo egg layer if its a Pullet.

You could always keep the chicken and process it when it gets big enough. If you do set it under the hen, just make sure to wait about a week. Most ducks take around 28 days to hatch, and chickens take 21. The egg should be all right for that long, and if it doesn't hatch then you got what you wanted anyway, right?

Back
Top Bottom