Free range ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortCluck

Hatch-a-Long Queen
Sep 9, 2019
Central Virginia
Has anyone ever free ranged ducks before? I'm asking because mine seem to want to free range and sneak out 🙄 they are Pekin and white layers. I have a muscovy too that free ranges but she can fly which I don't mind.

I was thinking about letting them free range during the day and at night locking them up...

@Miss Lydia what do you think about this idea? This is the second day in a row they've escaped 🙈 I'll be putting them in the 30-foot by 40-ft chain link kennel I have at night and they have a shelter too. The chicks have lived in there without incident in the same shelter/coop for almost a year (different hatches).

Do you have fencing around the area you want them to free range. Only problem I see is if no fencing they be more apt to get snatched since nothing would have a barrier to keep them out. Mine free range but they are in fencing. I still worry about free ranging with flying predators

Do you have fencing around the area you want them to free range. Only problem I see is if no fencing they be more apt to get snatched since nothing would have a barrier to keep them out. Mine free range but they are in fencing. I still worry about free ranging with flying predators
They had a free range area that had fencing and they keep getting out of it 🙄 it's making me mad! Pickles is too far I think for something to get her, but the two white layers are smaller. Coco free ranges without fencing all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom