Free Rooster's

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by earnhardtlvr, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    I wasn't sure where I should put this, but this is where I normally post and answer question's. If it should be moved that's ok! I have 3 roo's...1 EE, 1 GLW, and 1 Sulkie. All three have been nice to me and my DH, especially the Sulkie, but they r being mean to the girls and I don't like it. I know it's just nature, but we ordered sexed pullets and anded up with the roo's. We have been trying to handle them a lot and they r not mean to people, as of yet. Anybody have any suggestions??

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Your title suggests you are trying to find homes for them. If so, we need to lock this thread and you should post an ad in our Buy/Sell/Auction area in the proper format. The body of the post sounds like you are trying to change behavior so wasn't sure what your objective really was. Can you please clarify?

3. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    I ordered sexlink pullets and ended up with roos as well. Out of the two I kept in my coop one is very sweet and all the girls farm over him the other is like the ones you describe and are grabbing their necks and hurting them. We are thinking if he hasn't gotten better by our September 18th processing date he will be added to the crew for freezer camp. Not fair to have someone that harasses the girls.

4. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Quote:I have to get rid of them. [​IMG] Please direct me where I should go to post this then. Thank u!

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Depending on their age, here is one section of the Classifieds for BYC:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=53

If you go to the Index page where all the headers are for the various sections, at the bottom, you'll see our sections for selling birds, hatching eggs and other things. Go to that section and on the right side of the page, at the top, you'll see Post Item for Sale, then you just follow the form. If they are free, you can put 0.00 in the price, etc. [​IMG] I'll go ahead and lock this thread. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by