Free test chick diapers! Update post #22 claim them now!

Lacrymosa

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Fort Worth
I don't have any chicks right now, but will be getting some within the next month...by that time I want to have perfected making chick diapers with felt for the base and elastic for the straps and velcro. I am going to the craft store tomorrow so I can pick up elastic and felt in the colors that you would like. I also have $40 cash for shipping, so the first who get here (if mailed by a large envelope I could probably get at least ten people's out) get their's first.

I will try to do them in orders of five. Meaning, first five people that get here get theirs first, until I am ready for the next round of people. You can still talk and stuff once they are all claimed, no problem with that.
I will give you up to ten diapers...can't guarantee how many I will send, however. Please do not beg for them or get mad if you were too late.

NOTE:

Remember, these are TEST diapers...meaning I am wondering if my 'style' of them works, which is why they are free. I cannot guarantee they will not have faults with them. By posting an order, you are agreeing to these circumstances. Also, by agreeing to this, you are giving me the right to add stripes or something to plain, boring diapers
wink.png
Because I HATE boring colors XD

Also, please do measure the chicks for me. From vent to their chest, and the back of their neck to the top of their tail, and give me the dimensions. If you decide to average the measurements because chicks may seem similar, they may not fit correctly. I honestly don't care how many measurements you have, even if you write out all 20 measurements for ten diapers. It's fine with me.

Last thing is that you may claim a post, then go and measure your chicks and come back and edit it in. I may also try this for duck/goslings, so please specify if you have those.

Oh, and the real last thing is that I had no idea where to put this thread where it would be seen, and I though, "Well, people keep their chickens in the house with diapers, so it could go under the chick topic."

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I think i need a house chicken in the kitchen....or two. I have 2 hens that I need to tape up thier crests to see.
Yes, I'd like to try them! will go out to measure them this AM.

Brenda

Let me try them two.Whatever you want to send,thanks for sharing.Just send me two, one for silkie size and the other one for a standard size chicken(like golden comets or EE`S)I`m sure you will the measurments from other customers.

Last edited:
Quote:
It is easiest to make chick diapers because less material is required, but I do the occasional hen or rooster if somene does not have any chicks at the moment.

I am leaving for Hobby Lobby in a few hours, maybe sooner...I know they carry tiger stripe felt and glitter and tyedye in almost all colors aside from plain ones...any preferances as to what color you guys were wanting?

I'm so glad people want to try these!

I don't want this thread to get out of control, so please no more orders until I say I am ready! The first five places in line have been taken! But even if you don't have a place in line, you can reccommend a color of felt
big_smile.png

How do you want me to measure them? I dont really care about the fabric your choice. your being really kind doing this. thanks
Susan

Last edited:
Quote:
Could you measure them from the vent to their chest (this will be the bottom piece) and from the back of their neck to the base of their tail (for the elastic w/ velcro)

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom