Freecycle ad just rubbing me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep and you better believe I wrote a big fat No on that paper.

See I take the ad at face value. The person says time outs and regular spankings don't work so they intend on getting a paddle and beating the kid until they either listen or the paddle wears out. Increasing the size of the object doesn't guarantee the result wanted. I don't know if you've ever been hit with a paddle but it is excruciating and abusive.

And just as redhen said there are kids that spanking just doesn't work on.

Quote:
My favorite was when we were driving somewhere, normally long distances. My two younger sisters and I would be acting like fools and we would get the "Dont make me come back there!" We could shut up but mumble under our breaths. 'Oh yea? Come on then, you cant come back here and drive at the same time.' We would just laugh and giggle it all off. Could you tell we were little hellyens?

Quote:
My mom would say very angrilly, "Do you want me to get your father's belt?"

....and then moments later I'd come back with my dad's belt and a big grin on my face.

So mom would yell at me, "Go put your father's belt back!"

I knew she wasn't serious.
tongue.png

lau.gif
Now thats funny!!
lau.gif

Maybe it's just me, but I was not an unusually bad child. I was as very well behaved unless I got Really upset, or an accident. I can only remember being spanked once after the age of 4. I personally believe that it never happened again because I fought back like hell. Guess it was easier to throw me in the corner than wrestle me.
I think that the people should have simply gone to the store to buy their beating-stick instead of flaunting such a controvercial issue. We cannot possibly control all parenting techiques, but that doesn't mean we need to read about them.
**How does hitting your child regularly teach them to behave? From all the cases I've seen, this only encourages them to be violent too.**

Quote:
Mine had a spatula.
lol.png

My Mum used to spank us with her slipper, and every mother's day she asked for a new pair and like idiots we saved up bought her the good ones with the rubber soles!!!!!!!!! It took us till after we left home to realise we should have got her slipper socks
lau.gif

Quote:
Mine had a spatula.
lol.png

My Mum used to spank us with her slipper, and every mother's day she asked for a new pair and like idiots we saved up bought her the good ones with the rubber soles!!!!!!!!! It took us till after we left home to realise we should have got her slipper socks
lau.gif

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

The key to spanking is waiting for the anger to be gone and sit and explain to the child why he/she is getting punished. Spanking in anger just makes ya both regret it.

Quote:
I'm still alive.....

Personally, I believe if kids were beat the way they used to be, the jails and juvenile system wouldn't be so over taxed today. And 'beat' isn't used in a criminal sense, leather belts, spatulas, wooden spoons, paddles, and oh god that stick off the tree is what I am referring to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom