Freezing in Missouri ❄️

QueenC3

Chirping
Nov 12, 2018
Missouri
Hi guys!
My names Morgan and I’m currently living near Fort Leonard Wood,MO.

My husband I are really new to the chicken parent life. We purchased our first chicks the first week of September(Orschlen&Cackle Hatchery) we have 2 RIR, 4 Buffies, 3 Dominiques, 2 Light Brahmas, 3 GL Wyandottes, 5 EE’s all between 10-12 weeks old and we just added 6 new barnyard mix babes yesterday!

We have talked about having a small hobby farm for years and thought what better way to start?! After 3 years of BEGGING for chickens, husband finally gave in. Now, he can’t get enough of them! We have a 2 year old son that LOVES helping with the chickens and they run right up to him. Every evening he will go “tell the chickies Night night “ and squeezes a hug onto whichever girl doesn’t run away .

I join BYC because I would much rather hear first hand experience and be able to ask questions and get real life answers.

Thanks for allowing me to join!

QueenC3

Chirping
Nov 12, 2018
Missouri
Welcome! That sounds like a sweet and great experience for your family! By buffies do you mean buff orpingtons? I have orps and eggers and I call my buffs buffies as well oh and I call them buffalos too lol :welcome
I call my buff Orpingtons buffies lol! Unfortunately, I can’t tell them apart AT ALL so they’re all nameless as of right now. Poor things!

meetthebubus

Crowing
Mar 28, 2017
I call my buff Orpingtons buffies lol! Unfortunately, I can’t tell them apart AT ALL so they’re all nameless as of right now. Poor things!
yes! Exactly mine were probably close to 4 months before they got names bc once they got their hormones they started changing just a bit to tell them apart I had 2 that were so alike before i had to look at their eye to tell them apart bc one had a spot, the other didn't lol so dont worry thats what buffs are famous for... looking alike at first :)

Pork Pie

Flockwit
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Jan 30, 2015
Hi Morgan and welcome to BYC

On this link you'll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping birds - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archives

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

sassysarah

Crossing the Road
Apr 3, 2017
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
farmer conning thx 4 joining.jpg

Hi,and welcome to Backyard Chickens! BYC is a very informative site providing everything there is to know about chickens!

We all really enjoy BYC!
I hope you enjoy this site as much as we do! Hope to see you around the forum!:frow

Top Bottom