Freezing in Missouri ❄️

QueenC3

Chirping
Nov 12, 2018
Missouri
Hi guys!
My names Morgan and I’m currently living near Fort Leonard Wood,MO.

My husband I are really new to the chicken parent life. We purchased our first chicks the first week of September(Orschlen&Cackle Hatchery) we have 2 RIR, 4 Buffies, 3 Dominiques, 2 Light Brahmas, 3 GL Wyandottes, 5 EE’s all between 10-12 weeks old and we just added 6 new barnyard mix babes yesterday!

We have talked about having a small hobby farm for years and thought what better way to start?! After 3 years of BEGGING for chickens, husband finally gave in. Now, he can’t get enough of them! We have a 2 year old son that LOVES helping with the chickens and they run right up to him. Every evening he will go “tell the chickies Night night “ and squeezes a hug onto whichever girl doesn’t run away .

I join BYC because I would much rather hear first hand experience and be able to ask questions and get real life answers.

Thanks for allowing me to join!

Welcome! That sounds like a sweet and great experience for your family! By buffies do you mean buff orpingtons? I have orps and eggers and I call my buffs buffies as well oh and I call them buffalos too lol :welcome
I call my buff Orpingtons buffies lol! Unfortunately, I can’t tell them apart AT ALL so they’re all nameless as of right now. Poor things!

I call my buff Orpingtons buffies lol! Unfortunately, I can’t tell them apart AT ALL so they’re all nameless as of right now. Poor things!
yes! Exactly mine were probably close to 4 months before they got names bc once they got their hormones they started changing just a bit to tell them apart I had 2 that were so alike before i had to look at their eye to tell them apart bc one had a spot, the other didn't lol so dont worry thats what buffs are famous for... looking alike at first :)

Hi Morgan and welcome to BYC

On this link you'll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping birds - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archives

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

farmer conning thx 4 joining.jpg

Hi,and welcome to Backyard Chickens! BYC is a very informative site providing everything there is to know about chickens!

We all really enjoy BYC!
I hope you enjoy this site as much as we do! Hope to see you around the forum!:frow

Back
Top Bottom