French Black Copper Marans with very little copper

Okay so my one rooster is a bit older now about 8 months and his tail still has white on it. Does that make him undesirable for breeding?
I would not use him for breeding because of the off-color feathers. Also, not sure if it is the temperatures, but his stance is very weird. Off-type for Marans, anyway.

White make me wonder if it has some mottled parent in the lineage i have a rooster not a maran that has white due to him being split mottled. I wouldnt use him if your trying to better the breed

Hi- I don’t know much about breeding qualities but I just wanted to suggest maybe selling the ones that don’t have enough of the right traits, rather than culling them. For one thing, you’ll lose less $ in the process… I’m also a firm believer in not taking the life of an animal unnecessarily… so if you have the option to sell or even give it away, think about it?
Cull doesn't necessarily mean "kill" it could just mean that they are not including them in breeding stock, or even giving them away. You would need to ask what context the person using the term means.

Cull doesn't necessarily mean "kill" it could just mean that they are not including them in breeding stock, or even giving them away. You would need to ask what context the person using the term means.
When the context is an animal, “culling” does mean kill/slaughter/hunt. The context was provided via the platform and post. I am aware that there are other meanings with different context, but I would say 99% of the time culling an animal means some sort of euthanasia or slaughter. I’m not judging people who choose to cull, I only stated that my preference is to try everything I can before considering culling, which I have done when necessary. I hope that helps :)

Should day-old chicks have dark legs? I'm talking to a local breeder with no name and this is a picture of one of the day-old chicks she has. Does this look like a good French Black Copper Marans?
1666713080251.png

Back
Top Bottom