French frogs

Quote:
They are on scratch and 16% layer, chick vitamins with electrolytes, and room temperature water (since it's 35F outside) with a little fruit juice, and fresh straw to pique their interest. There are a couple that will likely die in the next day or so, they are too far gone to recover, but most of them looked better today than yesterday. There are a few more birds that are still too weak to go up to roost.

They've gone without water for a day before (broken water hose) and one day without water affects egg production for four days.

If I have to process these birds and replace them, he will be on the processing line whether he wants to or not.

Quote: Oddly, the turkeys seem fine. They laid two eggs yesterday, two today. I divided them so that the Oregon Grays are in a different coop than the Narris so I don't have to work so hard to track the project birds.

The Narri toms were tussling for top dog yesterday, father Scooter and son Sonny. While they were neck wrestling, Scooter's snood fell across his mouth and he grabbed hold and bit HARD. Apparently he thought he was biting Sonny, but he would not let go. He drew blood, and still kept biting his snood. Finally it hurt enough that he let up on the neck wrestle, and Sonny walked away. Scooter finally took a deep breath and let go...I sponged his head and told him what a fool he was.

They are on scratch and 16% layer, chick vitamins with electrolytes, and room temperature water (since it's 35F outside) with a little fruit juice, and fresh straw to pique their interest.  There are a couple that will likely die in the next day or so, they are too far gone to recover, but most of them looked better today than yesterday.  There are a few more birds that are still too weak to go up to roost.

They've gone without water for a day before (broken water hose) and one day without water affects egg production for four days.  

If I have to process these birds and replace them, he will be on the processing line whether he wants to or not.

Good call. If he can slowly kill them with neglect, he can help quickly kill them too.

Quote:
Crying isn't something I do. At least not usually. I just got back from the funeral home and paid my respects and was looking over the family photos when I spotted his little daughter flitting around the room in her fairy princess costume, leading her cousins in a chain. She led them to the coffin and showed them how she can tuck daddy in. That just broke my heart, the sweet little thing, and her baby brother will never even know his daddy.

I've never seen a visitation with that many guests. Mike meant a lot to a lot of people.

Last edited:
Good call. If he can slowly kill them with neglect, he can help quickly kill them too.

x2!

Crying isn't something I do.  At least not usually.  I just got back from the funeral home and paid my respects and was looking over the family photos when I spotted his little daughter flitting around the room in her fairy princess costume, leading her cousins in a chain.  She led them to the coffin and showed them how she can tuck daddy in.  That just broke my heart, the sweet little thing, and her baby brother will never even know his daddy.  

I've never seen a visitation with that many guests.  Mike meant a lot to a lot of people.

Thoughts are with you and his family...

I have some good news for you guys!

Three days old and on pennicillin :-/ i know how bad That sounds but thats why i took them. And thats why i learned how to give Shots. theyre at my house now, and not in the cold wet that they were born into anymore. Both kids were sneezing sick, and now theyre doin so much better! Im also treating his whole herd of 20 some odd for pink eye...

And we lost one of my friends yesterday. He was out there on heroine so i havent had contact with him in a yr or more but we were once close, he was a real kind fellow, always had smiles to give away.

Turk, sorry about your friend, and congrats on your herd. I hope they do well for you!

ALICE CHRISTINE CANNON

Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom