French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. dan26552

dan26552 Flock Master

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop
    I know, I'm thankful that he is just a big baby and not mean. But what can you expect from a roo who is afraid of the hens [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] I finally figured out who sent me the Christmas card signed, "I love you Ted". It was the neighbor's dog that I threatened to kill if he challenged me one more time in my own yard. (They have since installed 'Invisible Fence') Maybe because I gave them a bumper sticker that says, "My dog has issues"? Seriously this has been bugging the stuff out of me. The answer came to me and woke me out of a sound sleep early this morning. Now to figure out how to continue the pranking.

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Ted has issues, the neighbor's have an invisible fence and a cool bumper sticker.
    You are are loved by yet another dog.
    It's win win sour.
    let sleeping dogs lie.

4. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Overrun With Chickens

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    Lol sounds like you have good neighbors, maybe a gift. Like a framed photo of you sticking your tongue out.
    [​IMG]

5. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

:D

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    They are good neighbors. The grandson of the old farmer who used to live on the corner. Generations of 'country' people. When he had his home built, I went over and helped him put in his lawn. As we finished I said to him, "If you ever have any problems with noise from my animals please come to me." His response was, "Hey, you were here first. We moved in knowing that you have animals." Gotta love it.

7. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    And that is the way it is supposed to be...not like the whiny a holes that bought lots behind our coops, buillt big houses, then cried to the township until the township brought suit against us. 2 1/2 years and $28,000 out of pocket plus over 2 years of lost wages because I had to stay home and physically keep township people off our property until the case was closed and we won. Really sad thing is that our place has been a farm since 1822, and the township fought hard to make our farm go away.

8. OrganicFarmWife

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    Good neighbors are great to have. We got lucky and got good neighbors to the north of us. While heavy pregnant one year I almost got stuck in the snow while doing chores. I knew there was no way I could walk the mile in knee deep snow, and DH was out of town (why I was doing chores in the first place)
    I did not end up needing to call, just a lot of cussing and a hard stomp on the gas. But it was nice know I had such a close option.

9. OrganicFarmWife

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    You need to find yourself this sign :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  10. frmboyinthecity

frmboyinthecity Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2015
    Utah

Do you build your own or did you buy some?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by