French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Oh, and her best friend at the time was 7 and hiding behing her scared...

Yes, it's genetic... :gig

2. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA

Totally genetic! Good people breed good people :lau

Im living vicariously thru a friend, shes at the Black Label Society concert tonight!! Some of you will really appreciate how freaking Awesome that is.

1 person likes this.
  3. I found it can't see nothing the note just dropped . so now I am in next year no wait this year I really think it's bed time . hope this ain't one of those bed spinners . used to drink this stuff on the slopes with my brother . .
    so let me tell a story about him a lot of years ago he and I did everything together . Ron was so awesome every winter we either snow skied or went on long horse pack rides in east Tn. skiing all started with him . guess it was the winter of 76 he calls me up and says I'm coming home . for Christmas and want to go skiing all my friends talk about how great it s . set it up . and I did rented a car took off for Gatlinburg . now remember this . one of his friends tells him that new blue jeans were the best thing to ware . so we bought brand new jeans . paid the fees and take a class on the smallest ski slope in the east . big draw year round skiing . we were never accused of being normal anyway we get on the ice. and I mean ice . misting rain the whole time . the only people there were Ron and I and a family think it was a mother father and three children and the ice got worse as the day went on the skis looked like ice skates they were so short. . and we fell and we fell . after a couple of hours all that was left were me Ron and the littlest boy from the family. we had been dragging up a rope tow the whole time and falling the whole time . the little boy who we had come to love was so brave . he was fearless . this little kid says lets go to the top and off we went to the top . and started falling from the top . after many hours we stopped falling so much . but we kept looking at the snow / ice and noticed that there were many blue streaks all over the hill and I mean all over the hill from the top to the bottom were blue streaks they were every where . we stayed until they ran us off the slop . as we drove back to the hotel we talked about the blue streaks and wondered what they were and how odd it was that they were in the ice . when we got to the hotel and took off our wet brand new blue jeans we knew what the blue streaks were . we were blue from the waist down . under ware that were white that morning were blue . we were tough no thermals on at all so our legs were blue . we just looked at each other and laughed one of those gut busting laughs that we shared so many of . the blue streaks were all the times we had fell and there were hundreds of them. many years latter I became a special need ski instructor on that very slope for special Olympics because of Ben . by far one of the greatest and most fulfilling things I have ever done . as I sit here and the Baileys wares off I am reminded of many things we did as brothers and best friends . and hope that all of you have had that or will have that joy in your life happy new year my friends and my god bless you all .

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    2 people like this.
  4. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    God Bless....

5. Awesome story, K!

I hope you're enjoying the fudge.

'Tis 24 minutes until 2016, and probably 30 seconds until the 6 - year-old asks how long until next year. Never mind, she just asked again :gig :gah Who's idea was it to let them stay up? Oh, yeah...

1 person likes this.
  6. LittleLakePhil

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    :gig:

7. LittleLakePhil

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    I just started thinking....
    .....who the Heck besides me is sitting up at almost three in the morning.....
    And watching the Food Channel... :confused:.........:th

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  8. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Out of Ovates, my friend... :thumbsup

Happy New Year, AmyP and Paper Family...

Not 3 here or Food Channel, but yeah...

:caf

9. [​IMG]

Happy New Year!

10. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Too adorable!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by