French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Good, I hate inferring. Too much thinking involved

2. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    I have a mostly Border Collie and an Aussie Mix. The Border is my ball-dog and the Aussie is the yard protector. They don't have any other jobs. They are getting older and probably don't need that much protein, but one has food sensitivities so I need to research a good food that is a bit lower, but still grain-free. I used to feed them Orijen, but it finally got more expensive than I could tolerate.

They are doing well on their food (Fromm). I can rotate their protein source a few times a year - don't have to feed them too much and don't have to clean up too much, either. (And no massive gastric upset!)

3. FridayYet

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    And we're trying to keep this thread open.....................

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    yup ours get all our carcasses

Our puppies and Younger Dogs get Winner Dog Food 26% and its 36 bucks a 100lb bag and its the size of chicken crumbles. my husband hates it because he says after they eat they make the house smell like fish. I told him Idk they are extremely healthy with great shiny coats! I also use this for our flock. Its a local made product from my feed mill.

5. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    Friday, you might look into Taste of the Wild.......

TSC carries it. It's what I fed my lab, a month before hunting season, it worked wonders. It's animal protein based.

6. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    But not boring :D
    :oops:

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    ditto, dont

8. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas

hey, just because I pointed out the opportunity for some great comments, doesn't mean I opened the wild turkey window........lol

9. FridayYet

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    I tried the version with the duck on the bag (Wetlands?) and something in it didn't agree with my Border. And I transitioned very s l o w l y, never made it past 50%.

Ended up taking the rest to the shelter. The dogs are healthy, fit and at a good weight so I haven't really been in a hurry to change, although my pocketboock would probably appreciate it!

10. I've joined a kennel club . when did that happen [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by