French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Akrnaf2

Akrnaf2 The educated Rhino Premium Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel

This softens this days is due to good life, and plentynes , thanks God for that! One of my most respected man that I know said " that the only thing that today children missing is that they don't miss enthing! " I can speek for myself, but I assume that also some of you will understand what I am saying, when I was a little boy, my father, God bless his soul, worked very very hard, and my mother, God give her a long life,worked even harder,in the house and outside, to provide us, and life was hard,very hard!
    We lived 7 persons in 60 meter square house, that wasn't our, but rented! And anything that we wanted, that wasn't food or clothing,was very hard to get!
    This shortage make me be very grateful when I finally received the thing I wase yearning! 42 years after I still remember my first fishing road that I have received!
    It was the simplest 3 meters long fiber glass road, but for me It meant the world! Especially after fishing with an empty can with 50 meter of nylon fishing line,coiled on it and 2 hooks!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  2. dan26552

dan26552 Flock Master

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop
    Yes it would!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    it was put there to do that sc, and I was sorta dumbfounded you didnt jump on me for it. I was annoyed when I saw that post the first time.

4. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    :smack

5. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    barn door is open........

6. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I would be willing to bet US soft is much softer than Israeli soft :gig

7. kwhites634

kwhites634 Slow hands & an easy touch

We still have those who fish that way here, with an empty can & line that they toss by hand; not because they can't afford better equipment, but because when "the man" comes along they can run off & return later, without losing any valuable equipment. They don't buy a fishing license, have no regard for fishing seasons or possession limits, and rarely speak English. Most of them are in this country illegally.

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I too tried to be a leader. When I had an applicant with farm background, I jumped at the chance to hire him/her. Well, there are fewer and fewer of that model in NJ. People who knew how to work and were not afraid of getting their hands dirty. The straw that broke my back was a 27 year old who knew to the day when his doctor could/would write him a medical release. This clown actually had me up for harassment - long story (part of which I expected him to come back from break on time.) Through a miracle I was able to take early retirement, and have never looked back. [​IMG]

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    do you remember the fish you caught on it?

stop that

what now?

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    my money too

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by