French frogs

I too tried to be a leader.  When I had an applicant with farm background, I jumped at the chance to hire him/her.  Well, there are fewer and fewer of that model in NJ.  People who knew how to work and were not afraid of getting their hands dirty.  The straw that broke my back was a 27 year old who knew to the day when his doctor could/would write him a medical release.  This clown actually had me up for harassment - long story (part of which I expected him to come back from break on time.)  Through a miracle I was able to take early retirement, and have never looked back.  :weee
thats exactly the problem. The days of the kids that grew up on the farms, driving daddy's tractors, are gone. I deal with heavy equipment operators, and that makes it especially tough to find good help. Caterpillar has even started designing their equipment for the Playstation generation. All the levers have been replaced with controllers that resemble a gaming control. Most functions are actuated with buttons now

thats exactly the problem. The days of the kids that grew up on the farms, driving daddy's tractors, are gone. I deal with heavy equipment operators, and that makes it especially tough to find good help. Caterpillar has even started designing their equipment for the Playstation generation. All the levers have been replaced with controllers that resemble a gaming control. Most functions are actuated with buttons now
I bet it's really exciting when the labeling on the buttons becomes illegible due to dirt, wear & sweat, & a green operator crawls up into the cab.

(Sorry, the elephant was driving me crazy)
Don't even get me started on the gun laws written by the mamby-pamby liberal jerks in D.C.
barnie.gif
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom