French frogs

Finally finished that van.....off to the next chores. Do I need to worry about worming ducks?
you need a garage to work phil! that is too cold for you! and your asthma and cold is not good, how can you breathe afterwards!

I know! How's it going? Are you doing the NYD Hal? I'm debating...
I am not sure, I was going to but not sure Ron is too thrilled with the thought
lau.gif
but he has never been happy with it! I am in already, so we shall see!
you know you will be! debating my butt!

Fashionably late! :fl for Saturday!
I know! How's it going? Are you doing the NYD Hal? I'm debating...
That sounds good. I'm planning the exact same thing. Well not exact. But I have 2 small coops/runs going up in spring, besides my main one. They'll be breeding pens for specific boys/girls. The problem is, mine are still growing out, so I don't know what I have yet. But I just purchased some chicks from a good breeder today too. Shipping out this week. I found a place that does the dna test (silkies take soooo long). And the ones I'm really counting on will get tested. $12 a test. Then at least I can get as far as you are and know who will go where. Are you going to be selling hatching eggs/chicks/adults??
For sure chicks and adults. We will see about the eggs.

I am not sure, I was going to but not sure Ron is too thrilled with the thought
:lau but he has never been happy with it!   I am in already, so we shall see!
you know you will be! debating my butt!

No one else here is happy with the idea either. And my girls just started laying, so I don't know about fertility....but it's sooooo tempting!!!

For sure chicks and adults. We will see about the eggs.

You'll do great either way! There's so many people buying online now and shipping, birds and eggs, so big market right now.

Last edited:
No one else here is happy with the idea either. And my girls just started laying, so I don't know about fertility....but it's sooooo tempting!!!
You'll do great either way! There's so many people buying online now and shipping, birds and eggs, so big market right now.

Well although my silkies are not very pretty, I'm hoping for some pretty offspring from them with Armand covering them. I peeked with the light on the 7 silkie eggs I set last Tuesday and I can tell at least 6 of them have veining, so he's getting her done! Lol

I like to keep all my sales local, because it's just so much easier that way, but if these birds are as good as I think they are I' may start looking into shipping. It's hard to get premium prices for premium birds around here

Well although my silkies are not very pretty, I'm hoping for some pretty offspring from them with Armand covering them. I peeked with the light on the 7 silkie eggs I set last Tuesday and I can tell at least 6 of them have veining, so he's getting her done! Lol
What? Were you worried because of the name? :lau

As good as my Ams are growing out, my BCM are terrible. Half of Tate's pullets are showing yellow feet, bad coloring, wrong colored eyes, etc...
That flock is going to be a total scrap. If I wasn't so attached to Tate, I would sell them all

That's great!! I can't wait to see them! I wish it was easier and I could send a boy to you!! :(

I like to keep all my sales local, because it's just so much easier that way, but if these birds are as good as I think they are I' may start looking into shipping. It's hard to get premium prices for premium birds around here

Local is definitely easy. I put up a CL ad for a boy and get lots of responses looking for everything but a rooster. But, for me, local people just want pets. I searched for serious breeders in my area and only found 1 within a half hour distance. If your birds are good people will pay the shipping. Because someone, somewhere is looking for (girls mostly) breeder birds and can't get them local.

As good as my Ams are growing out, my BCM are terrible. Half of Tate's pullets are showing yellow feet, bad coloring, wrong colored eyes, etc...
That flock is going to be a total scrap. If I wasn't so attached to Tate, I would sell them all

I know how you feel! I have to part with my favorite boy because his comb is totally wrong and I don't want to breed more that may get it. It's hard when you're attached. I haven't don't it yet but I will have to when spring comes. I'm trying not to get attached to anymore!

That's great!! I can't wait to see them! I wish it was easier and I could send a boy to you!! :(
Local is definitely easy. I put up a CL ad for a boy and get lots of responses looking for everything but a rooster. But, for me, local people just want pets. I searched for serious breeders in my area and only found 1 within a half hour distance. If your birds are good people will pay the shipping. Because someone, somewhere is looking for (girls mostly) breeder birds and can't get them local.
I know how you feel! I have to part with my favorite boy because his comb is totally wrong and I don't want to breed more that may get it. It's hard when you're attached. I haven't don't it yet but I will have to when spring comes. I'm trying not to get attached to anymore!
If it weren't for Mrs. Flock I would empty that whole pen out. I wish I knew when I bought them what I know now. I would have come out much better to spend a few hundred dollars on a good flock

you need a garage to work phil! that is too cold for you! and your asthma and cold is not good, how can you breathe afterwards!

I actually breath better outside when temps aren't too cold. I also deal with a lot of pain issues that are caused from my bone marrow transplant. I take my morphine and go you work. I hear people say they would never take pain meds. Those are the same people that would just sit all day. I got to keep moving to keep my body working. I just can't do it at the pace I was professionally. I hope a garage will be in my future.....

Back
Top Bottom