French frogs

Today was cull day at my house. Or a start to it. I retired three 19 week old roosters that were hanging around, and an older black sex link hen. I had noticed what looked like a growth on her neck that swung back and forth when she ran. First noticed it months ago, but thought maybe it would go down. Never did. Turns out it was just her crop, but it was 3-4 times larger than normal. And boy she was fat. About an inch of fat on her abdomen and tons of fat around the organs. I wonder how long she has been freeloading.

Today was cull day at my house. Or a start to it. I retired three 19 week old roosters that were hanging around, and an older black sex link hen. I had noticed what looked like a growth on her neck that swung back and forth when she ran. First noticed it months ago, but thought maybe it would go down. Never did. Turns out it was just her crop, but it was 3-4 times larger than normal. And boy she was fat. About an inch of fat on her abdomen and tons of fat around the organs. I wonder how long she has been freeloading.
you gonna eat her .

you gonna eat her .

Yes sir. I just skinned her. Cut the breast meat off and cut up the thighs and drumsticks. They are dry aging in the fridge right now. Took the carcass and used it to make chicken and dumplings for dinner, but I used meat from a younger bird in it. I want to let her meat dry age for a while so it is hopefully more tender.

Back
Top Bottom