French frogs

Shoulda seen the prologue...
Can't imagine what I missed there...
ep.gif

Same here with the seasons and free landowner privileges, but bag limit is much lower. 1 each weapon, extra stamps (up to 2 bow and 2 rifle) can be purchased, and landowners have to buy them too, for the additional deer.

We own 40 acres of wonderful hunting land and have to pay for every tag, doe or buck, archery or rifle. And they are not cheap.

I got out of that environment in '73. Bought 3+ acres of worn out cornfield 600' off the road with open fields & woods on three sides of us. Made up my mind that my kids would grow up knowing what a tree looked like w/o having to go to the encyclopedia to find a picture of one. Lots of subdivisions around us, but most folks that don't know the area well don't even know there's a house back here, & that suits me just fine.

It was all farmland and fallow fields when we moved here 20 years ago. Heck, with a paintball gun I could hit 6 houses from my porch.

We bought 40 acres of rolling oak and pine hardwoods in the Houghton Lake State Forest. No electric, no gas, no neighbors for miles.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom