French Toast

Scrambled Egg

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Aug 29, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
This is such a family pleaser you all will love it! Always gets rave reviews, easy, make it the night before AND it uses alot of eggs, lol!! Someone gave it to me two eyars ago and I make it alot, kids love it! Hope I have never posted it before, couldn't remember but I am usually just printing all of Miss Prissy's recipes when I'm in this section, lol!!

French Toast

1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
thick bread (french or texas toast)
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp. vanilla
cinnamon
powdered sugar

Melt brown sugar and butter in pot on stove top (will burn so be careful!) then pour in an oblong pan. Arrange bread slices in pan on top of brownsugar mixture. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon and pour over bread. Cover with saran wrap and place infrig. overnight. Bake the next morning in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. You will need tin foil over it for most of the baking so it won't scorch, then uncovr the last ten or fifteen minutes to brown the top a little. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before you serve..add syrup, honey or jelly...yum!!!

We have no bread in the house!!! Oh No..

food-smiley-002.gif

I am going to make this this morning and have it for dinner! Looks great!

Better pic a good movie to watch afterward Terri for when that sugar high kicks in, lol! I made it yesterday and baked it thismorning and it is all gone, always is, really good. A girl at work makes it and I hi-jacked the recipe from her...no Julia Child here, lol!!​

Back
Top Bottom