Fresh eggs how long do they last in fridge??

Boil eggs for 9 minutes, take off burner let sit in water for 5 minutes, then empty warm water and replace with ice cubes and cold water and let eggs sit in the ice water for 5 minutes, after that peel immediately! :) They won't peel the same if you wait a while, for example you can't put them in the fridge and peel them easily as you want to eat them if they've been in the fridge overnight or for a couple days.

So to sum it up:
1-Boil 9 minutes
2-Let sit 5 min
3-Ice water 5 min
4-PEEL
if you bang the eggs around a little in the pan after dumping the hot water off to crack them, then add the ice and cold water...let sit for a few minutes..it helps peel them easier

I went to look at someone's coop and they gave me 5 dozen eggs that have been laid in the last 4-5 weeks and kept in fridge.
We took them but dh wants to throw them out. I put them in fridge.

I eat mine at 4-5 weeks old all the time. If refrigerated, they can even last longer - mother earth did a study where they lasted something like 7 or eight months as long as they were refrigerated and unwashed.

The eggs you buy in the store are alot older than you think. If you are going to throw them away cause they are 4 weeks old you might as well throw out the eggs you buy from the store before you get them home. LOL i would not even think twice up to 8 weeks old. i know people that eat eggs older than that but with the endless supply of eggs i have now. if i have any eggs over a month old they get feed to the chickens.

I vote you hard boil them and cut them up or scramble them and feed them to your chickens. They are a great protein for the.. Just be sure you don't feed them to them looking like eggs they lay! Then if that person asks how you liked the eggs, tell them that every last one of them was enjoyed!

What didn't you like,the taste or how hard they were to peel? Have you had fresh eggs before?

Very very easy to peel but the taste was odd. My grandmother fed us fresh eggs and I remember loving the taste and the lucky double yolks. Of course it could be dh going on and on how the eggs could not be good and not knowing how long the eggs sit in the nest till the lady collected them.

Back
Top Bottom