Fresh eggs how long do they last in fridge??

I guess it depends if he lets you buy more chicks or not.
lau.gif

we keep ours out - unrefrigerated and on the counter. We usually use them or give them away by week 2. We ate several this morning and they were delicious. We always use the oldest ones first.

If you wash them, you must refrigerate as you take off the bloom, or protective antibacterial coating. Once refrigerated, they must continue to stay in the fridge until use, but will stay good up to 6 months (or more) only who keeps eggs that long anyway. Oh, yeah, commercial egg producers. Store bought eggs can be an average of 3 weeks to 3 months old by the time you buy them. Fresh eggs are very hardy.

I was taught to always break eggs into a bowl, not the pan, in case of meat spots or any irregularities. I have never once found an egg that has gone bad, though, not even when I forgot a 1/2 dozen in the back of the fridge once and they were *really* old!

Eggs that are older than a week or so make great hard boiled eggs because they peel easily. Newly laid eggs are more difficult to peel when boiled as the internal shell membrane needs to dry a bit to separate from the shell. You have enough for a great egg salad or potatoe salad!

Best regards,
Kate

I read the same thing before my chickens started laying. Honestly, I don't taste a huge difference if they are
fried. But over easy or scrambled and they just taste deliciously better. The yolk is richer in color and taste.
I have also noticed that The shell is thicker on cracking. The best part for me is knowing that I'm feeding myself
and my family eggs that are fresh and not full of whatever the egg industry injects into their chickens and washes
their eggs with. It's funny but I'm finding myself not wanting to mask the eggs with any seasoning or other stuff
I would normally add to make eggs taste better. So I guess they do taste better after all - you'll have to find out
for yourself
big_smile.png
. Enjoy the process.

Thank you kacklinkelly, I am very excited to get my first eggs and be able to eat them! How do we make it so that we can peel the fresh hard boiled eggs easier?
Boil eggs for 9 minutes, take off burner let sit in water for 5 minutes, then empty warm water and replace with ice cubes and cold water and let eggs sit in the ice water for 5 minutes, after that peel immediately! :) They won't peel the same if you wait a while, for example you can't put them in the fridge and peel them easily as you want to eat them if they've been in the fridge overnight or for a couple days.

So to sum it up:
1-Boil 9 minutes
2-Let sit 5 min
3-Ice water 5 min
4-PEEL

When you get ready to use the egg(s), prior to cracking, just put in a cup of cool water, if the eggs float to the top of the water, that means the egg is bad. If the egg stays on the bottom, that means the egg is good. My grandmother raised chickens, and told me this about 70 years ago. It works every time. God Bless our chickens <3
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom