Fresh eggs how long do they last in fridge??

I would say that you probably were going off of what your dh said. I have had eggs older than that from a friend because she has 30 to 40 chickens and wasn't able to sell them fast enough and they tasted just fine. since I have had eggs fresh from the chicken I don't think I would go back to store bought unless I had to. I just started my own flock this year. (5 hens) and I want to give to friends and family for christmas and started storing them in the frig at the last part of November and I used some the other day and they tasted fine. I also googled it on the internet and they say that they will be good for 3 to 6 months. I hope this helps.

When you get ready to use the egg(s), prior to cracking, just put in a cup of cool water, if the eggs float to the top of the water, that means the egg is bad. If the egg stays on the bottom, that means the egg is good. My grandmother raised chickens, and told me this about 70 years ago. It works every time. God Bless our chickens <3
love.gif

Boil eggs for 9 minutes, take off burner let sit in water for 5 minutes, then empty warm water and replace with ice cubes and cold water and let eggs sit in the ice water for 5 minutes, after that peel immediately! :) They won't peel the same if you wait a while, for example you can't put them in the fridge and peel them easily as you want to eat them if they've been in the fridge overnight or for a couple days.

So to sum it up:
1-Boil 9 minutes
2-Let sit 5 min
3-Ice water 5 min
4-PEEL
if you bang the eggs around a little in the pan after dumping the hot water off to crack them, then add the ice and cold water...let sit for a few minutes..it helps peel them easier

Very very easy to peel but the taste was odd. My grandmother fed us fresh eggs and I remember loving the taste and the lucky double yolks. Of course it could be dh going on and on how the eggs could not be good and not knowing how long the eggs sit in the nest till the lady collected them.[/QUOTE
silly dh!!!!

Back
Top Bottom