Fresh eggs how long do they last in fridge??

If you want to know if they are safe to eat the best way is to put them in a water container that is two 2" over the egg if it floats its bad throw it, if it sinks and stays down at the bottom its still good if it tends to bound alot before it sinks or has a hard time staying down its on the verge of being bad!!!!

If that helps
thumbsup.gif

I have a dilemma with egg washing . Help !! I have been selling my eggs to the girls I work with . I have been washing them in warm water and storing them in the fridge . I'm not sure if I should wash them or just use some fine grit sandpaper . Who else sells thee eggs and what steps do you take

I have a dilemma with egg washing . Help !! I have been selling my eggs to the girls I work with . I have been washing them in warm water and storing them in the fridge . I'm not sure if I should wash them or just use some fine grit sandpaper . Who else sells thee eggs and what steps do you take

My grandmother use to sale eggs when I was a kid, I sell eggs to my coworkers and wife to hers. All of us wash our eggs in just warm water then keep them in the icebox until we sell them, have never had any complaints over the years. Just keep them cool and its all good! Now my dirty duck eggs, I also wash them in warm water but use a mild scrubbing pad on a sponge to get them clean.. but if I have an egg that's laying under the roost, or has a large amount of poop on it I'll just toss it away. Not going to take any risk. My hens will give me another good egg soon enough.

Last edited:
Hi

~~ Here's how to test to see if the eggs are still good: 1. Fill a bowl with cold water and place your first egg inside. If the egg sinks to the bottom, it's fresh. If the egg sinks to the bottom, but stands on its point, it's still good but needs to be used soon. If the egg floats to the top, it needs to be discarded.

Hope you find this helpful - Regards.

Grog, "When we are worried about egg freshness my kids and I have egg tossing fun.....We tap them on the deck rail(to crack the shell), and throw them at the chicken pen. We have done as many as 90 eggs at one sesion." Really? Why? I'm aghast!

I bought a hen and a rooster light Brahma. Approximately 3 weeks ago and my hen is only giving me one egg a day does that mean she's young or does that mean she's too old?

Does it matter that they were just rinsed off to get the bedding/poop off from them? I have eggs about 7 weeks old but they seem perfectly good and taste awesome! I rinsed them in cold water then they immediately went into the fridge....weren't covered in poop but a few speaks here and there.

Last edited:
I read that store bought egg can be over 2 months old by the time you bring them home. Or something like that. And then they can sit in your fridge for another month or more. I'm sure they're fine. :p

Back
Top Bottom