Fresh Paint in Happy Color!

skunknchatter

Crowing
16 Years
Aug 19, 2007
Northern Utah
I have to admit that I've neglected my chickens. A surprise (but very welcome) pregnancy kinda overwhelmed me. So my chickens got lice... Got rid of them and they started eating their eggs... Broke that habit and they have worms... In the worming process and ready to give up. Now I find we have grain mites with our humid summer following a too warm winter. Come on!!!

Then I decided that maybe I would give it one last hurrah. Fix up, clean up, and enjoy my birds again. Painting the coop was the last thing that NEEDED to happen but it was the first thing I did. I asked someone else to watch the baby and I painted and listened to my tunes. It was awesome.

I also installed a new laminate floor in the coop and a new "no see the eggs and eat them" nest box I designed.

Next is to scrape the run out and put in a mix of mulch and DE and install a sand/DE/wood ash dust bath. Here's to hoping I'll have happy healthy birds and an enjoyable coop before the snow flies.
PXL_20210801_205506752.jpg
PXL_20210801_205512644.jpg

I have to admit that I've neglected my chickens. A surprise (but very welcome) pregnancy kinda overwhelmed me. So my chickens got lice... Got rid of them and they started eating their eggs... Broke that habit and they have worms... In the worming process and ready to give up. Now I find we have grain mites with our humid summer following a too warm winter. Come on!!!

Then I decided that maybe I would give it one last hurrah. Fix up, clean up, and enjoy my birds again. Painting the coop was the last thing that NEEDED to happen but it was the first thing I did. I asked someone else to watch the baby and I painted and listened to my tunes. It was awesome.

I also installed a new laminate floor in the coop and a new "no see the eggs and eat them" nest box I designed.

Next is to scrape the run out and put in a mix of mulch and DE and install a sand/DE/wood ash dust bath. Here's to hoping I'll have happy healthy birds and an enjoyable coop before the snow flies.View attachment 2782109View attachment 2782112
I love your colors! BTW it's ok that you fell behind on chicken chores while pregnant! I did the same exact thing... It happens to the best of us, congratulations on the new baby! 👏

Back
Top Bottom