Fresno Show Pics, MAJOR DUW!

Those were great pics. What a variety of birds. I would love to go to a poultry show, I don't even know if we have them in our area. How would you even find out?

Those pics didn't look very fuzzy to me, I thought they looked great! Thanks for sharing!

Lunachick, check out the show/meet forum here on BYC, for starters. Other than that I've found that the best way to find out about shows is through members of specific breed clubs (for example, I belong to the Polish Breeders Club and so I hear about a lot of shows through their forum) I believe that there is a show in MD coming up in the next couple of weeks?? I believe it is in northeastern MD, so it might not be too far of a drive for you depending on where you are in NJ. There is a thread on the show forum here, it's being put on by the Susquehanna Poultry club.

ETA: here's the link to the thread w/the info on that show in MD I was talking about https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32388

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Crunchie, unfortunately, if there is a show before April 15, I'm out. It's tax season for us.
sad.png
But I'm looking around!

Thanks, Luna! They are really fun to go too, and its extra fun to meet up with BYCers!

Thanks, Crunchie! I tried my best. Thanks for helping Luna out, I wouldnt have been much help myself,lol.

ChicknGurl, He's a beautiful bird and he's really sweet. Apparently he got in the Top 10 of all of the birds there, and there were over 1400, I THINK. Do not quote me on this, I might be completely wrong,lol. And then he got 1st in a class of over 200 birds. Again, I THINK. Im just going by what I heard,lol. A judge that specializes on Longtails checked him out after the show and said he's the best Cubalaya he's seen in a very long time. (Now that, I DID hear,lol.)

Cheekon, it was really fun. It was kind of annoying at 2AM when ALL of the roosters decided to crow though! They would crow, which would make my roosters right outside the trailer crow and it was just really loud,lol.

those are great!
i recognized several of the birds.
that japanese roo was really handsome wasn't he?
sorry we missed the group pic
sad.png

next time!

Thanks! You should, you were there,lol. Yes, those Jap roos were so pretty! I was amazed at how tall their tails were. Definitely, we'll have to take another one next time. Im a dork and didnt ask you guys to take one! Lynn suggested that one and my brain was fried after walking around for 8 hours,lol.

oh, i know!!! i had my iphone and didn't take a SINGLE pic with it because i was so overwhelmed by the chickentasticness!
also, it was my first show, and i wasn't really sure what was "okay" in terms of photography . . . didn't want to make any waves - lol.
anywhoo, i wish i would have gotten a photo of our meeting + the NN pullet - that would have been a GREAT photo!
big_smile.png

Well, that stinks! It was only my 3rd show, but I took about 1341234354245667 pics at my first show,lol. I dont know the picture deal, but other people were taking pics so I did! I just made sure my flash was off. That definitely would have been a great pic! Maybe at the next one you can take another bird from me and we can take a pic,lol.

Back
Top Bottom