1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Friendliest clean legged bantam?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jdc361, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Jdc361

Jdc361 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2015
    I would like a clean legged bantam but it must be friendly. Egg production doesn't really matter. Just a little pet. It must be good with kids. Any suggestions?

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Orpington and Australorp bantams are both very friendly and good with children (potential lap pets). Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Whatever bantam breeds you end up getting, good luck with your flock.

3. 6275Smith

6275Smith Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome! [​IMG] I'd probably say bantam Orpingtons.

4. Jdc361

Jdc361 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2015
    What About old English game bantams and sebrights? Reviews?

5. familyfarm1

familyfarm1 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 9, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Seramas were bred in Malaysia to be house pets. They are among the tiniest of the bantams. A big bird in a tiny package. Eggs are maybe 1/3 the size of regular ones. They come in a million colors, it seems.

7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! d'Anvers are another friendly breed. OEG hens tend to be nice little birds, Sebrights seem to be fairly flighty. There are quite a few reviews in the Breeds section if you want to check them out for the breeds you are interested in https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/category/chicken-breeds

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined the BYC "flock".

I've kept Bantam Wyandottes, and would recommend them, too. They are friendly, medium sized bantams that lay decently. In my experience they get along well in a mixed flock with other breeds and are generally docile.

9. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Silkies, cochins, black australorps and buff orpingtons are your best bet. They are super sweet, affectionate and make great pets!

10. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!!! The community on here is HUGE and all of the members are wonderful…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!

Here are some helpful links to help you get around BYC

Going here, will help you get around BYC!!! Has loads of info on how to get around the site!

How to insert pictures on BYC!!!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by