Friendliest duck breeds

hello, i suggest you get some pekin, rouen or black swedish. To be honest ducks dont like being picked up but they love cuddling. Try cuddling with your ducklings and they will be attached to you in a few weeks.

hello, i suggest you get some pekin, rouen or black swedish. To be honest ducks dont like being picked up but they love cuddling. Try cuddling with your ducklings and they will be attached to you in a few weeks.
Hi, so sorry to hijack the post. This is probably going to sound stupid but I'm brand new to ducks, hence why I'm stalking this thread😆 How does one cuddle a duckling without picking it up?

Hi, so sorry to hijack the post. This is probably going to sound stupid but I'm brand new to ducks, hence why I'm stalking this thread😆 How does one cuddle a duckling without picking it up?
Ducklings love to be picked up and cuddled. Once they reach adult stage they don't like it. They're not like dogs or cats who like to be stroked and held. It's just a different relationship - but yes, ducklings are irresistible and you have a good month or so where they like to be held!

I don't really suggest Pekin unless you want to put a lot of effort into their well-being. They seem to have a lot of health issues due to their size. But they are friendly!

Ducklings love to be picked up and cuddled. Once they reach adult stage they don't like it. They're not like dogs or cats who like to be stroked and held. It's just a different relationship - but yes, ducklings are irresistible and you have a good month or so where they like to be held!
Makes much more sense. Knew I must be misinterpreting something! Great advice, especially where kids are involved. Thanks!

Makes much more sense. Knew I must be misinterpreting something! Great advice, especially where kids are involved. Thanks!
For sure - so many people think ducklings are great pets for kids, because they're adorable and cute when little - like all pets I guess. Unless the adult is really involved in making sure they have proper care and lodging, I don't think they're super for kids. The fun wears out on kids quick and then it's all on the adult, and for some they won't get the same return in affection that they expect for all the work put in. It's just good to know going into it what a realistic expectation is.

Back
Top Bottom