Friendliest Silkie Rooster In Need of Home - California

ckbw

Hatching
Sep 3, 2018
Hi everyone

I live in Los Angeles and need to re-home what we thought was our hen, who is in fact a rooster. He is so so sweet and friendly and is a gorgeous brown silkie - I’d love to keep him but unfortunately I can’t keep a rooster here in Los Angeles. I would be able to drive him to most places in California, and would also provide a donation towards upkeep. I really don't want him to end up as dinner.

Attachments

• silkie.jpeg
    silkie.jpeg
    600.7 KB · Views: 21
He's adorable!! I'm in N. San Diego. He's friendly with people but is he ok with dominant roosters? Not aggressive roos but I have a couple that are very protective of their harems. Passive guys are just fine with them... just no humping their girls ;-)

He's adorable!! I'm in N. San Diego. He's friendly with people but is he ok with dominant roosters? Not aggressive roos but I have a couple that are very protective of their harems. Passive guys are just fine with them... just no humping their girls ;-)
I just saw this post! Are you still looking for a silkie roo? I saw this was 2 years ago, but you never know so I thought I'd ask! Im in Orange County, and my guy is only about 8 weeks, but he is definitely a he, and I can't have him where I live.

This is an old "zombie" 🧟‍♀️ thread. User hasn't been active since 2018.
I know its an older thread but it had Southern California silkie rooster posting so I am hoping to find a local for my little guy! I love him! He has been and is my favourite of the chicks. But we can't have a rooster in our city, and I had one previously 6 years back and thats when I got fined and found another home for him! Just want a good local home that will love my silkie Roo baby too!

I know its an older thread but it had Southern California silkie rooster posting so I am hoping to find a local for my little guy! I love him! He has been and is my favourite of the chicks. But we can't have a rooster in our city, and I had one previously 6 years back and thats when I got fined and found another home for him! Just want a good local home that will love my silkie Roo baby too!
I understand :) have you tried any local facebook groups or craigslist? I've heard people having some success with facebook.

If I lived closer, I totally would. DH may not like the idea but he picked me so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did not like silkies but over time, I've fallen for them. My friend has a nice silkie roo but she won't give him up :lol:

I understand :) have you tried any local facebook groups or craigslist? I've heard people having some success with facebook.

If I lived closer, I totally would. DH may not like the idea but he picked me so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did not like silkies but over time, I've fallen for them. My friend has a nice silkie roo but she won't give him up :lol:

If I didn't live within crowing distance of the police station, i could probably get the neighbors to deal with it. I saw alot of them on craigslist that had not been taken. If I can't find a great home for my silkie too, I will have to bring it back to the person whom I got the chicks from and hope for the best :(

Back
Top Bottom