Friendliness or aggression?

X2! I'm with aart on this; things are out of hand and need to be corrected. I like my birds too, but it's MY SPACE, and I'm not peckable! If you watch them interact with each other, you'll see this too. Bird gets too close to senior bird and gets corrected. You shouldn't be a bird (you aren't!) and you certainly shouldn't be a subordinate bird. Take back your personal space ASAP.
I always wear shoes or boots out there, and clothes. Especially now that you are a target, forget about sandals, shorts, and tank tops (It's snowing here, so not happening) and wear shoes and jeans. Keep birds away from your face! My most social pullets have tried to jump on me, just a couple of times, and been rebuffed. Make sure that any physical contact is by your invitation only.
Mary

I had a Speckled Sussex, RIP Bonnie that was too friendly..She loved my friend Cheryl and followed her around. Jumped into her lap and scared the poop out of her. Then Cheryl would sit up on my Husbands sled Deck and Bonnie would hop up there to sit beside her..lol
Painting your toes and flip flops are not good with Chickens..I have learned the hard way...
Chickens are very curious if used to people being around..

I think it is just friendliness\curiousness. I would go and sit in the run with my laying pullets, and they would peck everything on me! (it was cold here so I was covered up) Sometimes they would get on my lap and try to forage there. I hope the others will say the same thing!
Yeah. I think that they are actually trying to kiss you but having a hard beak makes it a bit difficult! I think it is more curiosity and attention seeking not aggression.

Back
Top Bottom