Friendly brand new chicks

Ooo a few times on warmer, sunny days I've take several out in the wheelbarrow to see how they do. Buff Orpington is quite adventurous, of course she is the one first able to catch a fly in the brooder and she got a Roly poly bug. Today I took 4 put and they tried dandelions and clover. LOVED them!! Grabbed a handle full of chick grit and they pecked at it but not really got any. Anyways...I am amazed each time at their growth. On Wednesday they'll be 2wks and I'll try the yard with them all.

I have some baby chicks as well now they are 3 weeks old and are really friendly running up to me and jumping into my hand but to start with they were running away and scared like yours even if they do run away you still need to try and hold them because then they will get used to being held now mine are older I Aldo u dried meal worms wich they love whenever I hold one

I have some baby chicks as well now they are 3 weeks old and are really friendly running up to me and jumping into my hand but to start with they were running away and scared like yours even if they do run away you still need to try and hold them because then they will get used to being held now mine are older I Aldo u dried meal worms wich they love whenever I hold one
thank you. sounds great!I guess when they turn 2wks this Wednesday I will start giving them that too. Some are alright but others throw a fit when I reach to check one out. Son is the chicken whisperer and can calm any of them down instantly.

Back
Top Bottom