Frist time incubating and the bantys are peeping what do i do?

chickencity

Songster
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
went to turn off the turner b/c its day 19 and i hread peeping. i turned the trys level and then turned the turner off. should i leave them in the trys or take them out and out them in the bottom off the incubator? i using a cabnet incubator that has 4 shelvs.

how about a little more information , first??

how many?? does the bator have a hatching tray?? can you put a tray in place of the turner?? what do you have the eggs is right now??

we are not mind readers..

the eggs are in the shelvs. that have egg holders. it dose have a hatching tray. the guy i got the incubator from said that he leaves the turner on and the chicks just fall into the tray when they hatch. but the instructions said to turn it off on day 19 so i did. i think its about 10 eggs peeping. so should i move them?

I still do not know how many eggs you have set, but,,,,,,,,,,

yes move all the egg into the hatching tray,, take them out of the egg holders and just lay them on their sides..

I have also done it like the guy told you he did it, but once in awhile a chick will get lost or stuck on it's way down..although, I have never had one die..

very critical.......
do not open the bator again for 3 days.. the chicks will be fine..

keep your humidity at 60% or there abouts..

watch your temperature closely..

that is all you can do..

If you cannot resist the urge to open the bator,go to a movie. get out of the house for 3 days........ duct tape yourself to a chair...

if i dont open the incubator then what about the water? i have to fill it up every day. i dont have a hygrometer. should i put all the eggs in the tray? even the ones that arent peeping?

Hi,

I have hatched eggs in an incubator several times. I quickly open the incubator and put the water in and replace the lid. As for the eggs that are not peeping yet i would move them also because you never know.

Good luck

Susan

Move all the eggs that are at day 18..

now we are back ot the point of not enough enformation...

did you set all the eggs at the same time? or are you rotating your hatches??

Is this your incuator?? Is it a borrowed one?

If it is your own, drill a small hole close to the water pan and add water to the pan through a tube.. then you do not have to open the bator..

I would (did) do the same with a borrowed bator, but that is me..

I do not care how fast you open and close the bator, you are going to upset the humidity at the most critical time. I know people have done it, as stated.. but I am shooting for the best scenerio...

you can either do it correctly, or take the advice of someone who just might have lucked out...In which case I am bowing out of this thread..

i think it dose have a plug that can be taken out so that you can use a tube to fill the water, ill look. i have to open the door to move the eggs and it will take a few minutes to it. ill have to take the eggs out to move them.

ok i just moved them. a couple of them rolled when i put in other eggs b.c the bottom of the tray is mesh and it moved when i set down the bigger eggs. but i still here a few peeping. the temp drop down to 90 while i had the door open.

Back
Top Bottom