Frizzle bantam, delaware, wyandotte clues?

GatorBunny

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 5, 2012
We're getting chicks on Sat from the local feed store. The delaware and the wyandottes are sexed 90% but the bantams seem to be 50/50. They'll be about 1.5 weeks old at the time.

Any clues for what to look out for when only looking for females of all three breeds (but especially the frizzle bamtams)?

Thanks

Very small and pale combs, and a simple one, the smaller chicks are usually pullets,
Good luck and Enjoy them, you will have SOOO much fun!!!
And
welcome-byc.gif

Does bantam just mean small? So when they list "Frizzle Bantam" it's not actually telling me the breed of chicken?

Is there a way to tell the difference between those breeds when they're only 1-2 weeks old? Besides the obvious poof on their head if they are a polish of course...

cochins are feather legged, polish have the poof and are clean legged (these also come with or without a beard), serma are clean legged..do you know were your feed store gets their chicks from?

Last edited:
They also have Australorps but I (admittedly) did not find them as pretty. I hear they have great personality and are good egg layers. Does anyone highly recommend them?

They also have Australorps but I (admittedly) did not find them as pretty. I hear they have great personality and are good egg layers. Does anyone highly recommend them?
they are both of those have one and been getting an egg a day from her since spring started

Back
Top Bottom