Frizzle Chicks hatched from DipsyDoodleDoo's frizzle eggs

ep.gif
Beautiful frizzles and the little white chicks look like they have been in the hair gel
gig.gif

OK. So, say I hatch out four sizzle chickies, and only want to keep one of them. I'll give the others away. I don't want that one to be a roo. At about what age might I be able to gues the sex in sizzles?

OK, I finally located my camera and have the pics of DipsyDoodleDoo's eggs she sent to me. What cutie pies give me your opinions of roo or hen.

15601_dipsy_chicks_and_our_ducks_070.jpg

3 smooth cochin babies, 1 grey/white, 2 grey/blue silkie, 3rd white silkie

15601_dipsy_chicks_and_our_ducks_065.jpg

2 frizzled cochins, OMG they frizzle good Dipsy! I love these 2 to pieces. Their wings are at their sides in this pic, look at that frizzle!!!

15601_dipsy_chicks_and_our_ducks_074.jpg

1 barred rock cochin, beautiful light grey with white speckling throughout. I love this one's coloring!

15601_dipsy_chicks_and_our_ducks_076.jpg

2 little black/white cochins a little bit of frizzling

Dipsy, I love these little guys! They have the cutest personalities!!! Thanks again for such cutie pies!!!!

My guess is top pick left most bird is a roo. Also 3rd pic of single bird. Hard to tell on some of the others but those 2 I mentioned sure look like roos to me. Possibly 4th pick, right side bird is also a roo.

that is what I was thinking too chooks in ia. My thougths exactly. they have larger combs and the Fighting attitude of I am the cock of the rock back off! they spar all the time in the brooder.

Ooooh! More cuties! Glad you found the camera
smile.png

I am so terrible at sexing chicks from pics, but here're my guesses.
1st pic --- Cochin chick on left looks boy-ish and maybe splash? Hard to say on the Silkies.
2nd pic --- Both look girly and both are (Cochin x Silkie) X Cochin.
3rd pic --- Looks boy-ish and looks like a blue cuckoo (Cochin x Silkie) X Cochin.
4th pic --- Left looks girly, right looks boy-ish and both look like smooth (Cochin x Silkie) X Cochin.

I'm really glad you are enjoying them.

Amy, looks like it will be tomorrow before they are delivered
sad.png

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom