Frizzle sellers

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AmazingChickens, Feb 20, 2014.

1. AmazingChickens

AmazingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2014
    Florida
    One of my frizzles just died and now i only have 2 roosters, one of them need a "woman" he would try with her but she was too sick, now he Just fights with the other rooster!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    She may have died from having too much rooster business. One rooster can handle 10 hens, when there is only one hen, she gets overbred to the point of severe damage or death. This may have been what happened. And you have two roosters so it twice as bad.

3. AmazingChickens

Feb 19, 2014
    Florida
    No, she died from sour crop and she couldn't handle it but now he is alone with a silkie rooster

4. AmazingChickens

Feb 19, 2014
    Florida
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of all three of them but ignore the little one on the right that's the one that died

5. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Sorry for your loss.[​IMG]

If you have 2 roosters, you really should have several hens. Even if the extra rooster doesn't get a chance to breed, he hassles the hens and scraps with the dominant roo, which creates stress for all of the birds.

If you intend to try to hatch eggs, you won't want to breed frizzle to frizzle. Some of the chicks from such a cross will get the frizzle gene from both parents; they are sometimes called "frazzles," because their feathers are very brittle and break easily, resulting in birds that are half bald most of the time.

If you are looking to get more birds, I think you'll have better luck in the Buy/Sell/Trade section.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

I agree with the above posters. A rooster will mate one or two hens to death. So you need to get this rooster more girls. But I am sorry about the bird you lost. It is never easy to lose them

Great to have you aboard!

7. AmazingChickens

Feb 19, 2014
    Florida
    I have 9 chickens in all, but only 2 are bantams and they are roosters, I am thinking about giving one of the roosters to my freind she says she wants him, but I can't leave the other all alone

8. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Sorry about your loss [​IMG]

9. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Sorry about your loss. :hugs :hit

10. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about your little frizzle hen, she was a pretty girl. If your seven standard birds are hens, can you put the rooster you want to keep in with them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by