frizzle,silkie,Cuckoo Maran,Showgirl,EE,Polish-Follow up thread

Oh don't sell your incubator. Hatching is a stressing experience at times, but if you can get any of them to hatch the benefits of your children watching are well worth it.

I don't know it couldn't stand up and I thought straddle leg but it didn't seem to be able to lift it head either. It was my favorite but it seemed to be suffering so I let it go.
hit.gif

Quote:
i felt that same way a few days ago. i accidently bbq'd some eggs one day 111 was the temp....

sooo needless to say out of 30+ eggs..... only 3 have hatched

The kids keep asking me when they are going to hatch and it's sad. I know at least 2 were full formed, I candled on day 18 and you could see them in 2 but I am not sure about the other but I haven't had some much as a movement yet.

Like I said 14 hatch and out of the 30 eggs, I can't remember but I think there were 7 non-fertile, 14 hatched and lots of them where completely formed but didn't hatch. I am not sure why, but died right before hatching.

Shipped eggs are tricky. Hnag in there, I would give you advice but heck I am new to this myself.

Well I had 4 that formed none hatched. I don't think that most of them were fertile somehow. They didn't form at all. I can't believe that none hatched. I was looking forward to all the new little chickys

ya.gif
We have a "pip" on the Maran egg that's in the bator! Nothing on the other eggs yet.

Update: We now have a chick! Day 19? Guess the little feller was in a hurry to get here.

We had one little problem, just before the little guy dried out, he got a toe hung under the wire mesh flooring and caused it to bleed. It looks like he might have broken the toe, only time will tell. We placed him in the brooder box with paper towel bottom. Note to self: Tape the wire mesh flooring to the bottom plastic floor before setting next batch of eggs! Gotta protect those toes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom