frizzle,silkie,Cuckoo Maran,Showgirl,EE,Polish-Follow up thread

I am so sorry to hear about your eggs. That must have been devasting and disappointing. I am also going to mentally prepare for the worst but it does sound like they were packed well so maybe the box was thrown around in transit. Could you please tell me approximately how much was due when you got our box, we never have cash around here so I am able to pay the postal carrier. Thanks and keep us updated on their progress.

What do you mean, how much is due? Aren't the eggs paid for when they are shipped? That is my understanding, I am thinking about going to the post office today and seeing if I can prepare them for my fragile package. I am also going to flag down my mailman when he comes. I always hear him coming.

I was refering to Must Be Crazy's post about having to pay additional shipping when they got the eggs. There was obviously not enough postage paid to cover the mail charges. I think it is back about four post. I still have not figured out how to do quotes.

Okay I am sorry, I somehow missed that part, I was confused, blonde moment!

I just went back and re read the post, I think she added it afterwards but that is good to know just in case.

Last edited:
My eggs should be coming today or tomorrow the latest..they were shipped on the 1st...Hopefully!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I will pay any postage that was not paid...I took them to the post office and I paid the postal clerk to mail them- I cannot believe they would not charge me enough....?

Here is how I pack the eggs....

I line the bottom with shredded paper...then i wrap each egg individually in bubble wrap...I put 15 eggs on the shredded paper..then put more shredded paper on that layer...then put more shredded paper and wrap 15 more eggs in bubble wrap..then put another layer of shredded paper...

I have started using a bigger box and using bubble wrpa on the bottom and shredded paper - then filling each layer with more shredded paper...

With the shape those eggs were in...I am just grateful to you for sending extra eggs. I still have 21 that made the trip in one piece. It is not your fault about the shipping and it wasn't that much. I just wanted you to be aware.

Thanks again.

Quote:
I believe you that you packed them well, I think sometime postal workers take out their aggression on the packages. I have seen pictues of some scrambled eggs so to say. We just have to keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't happen all the time.

Quote:
Again. Not your fault. They were wrapped just like you said. So sorry if I upset you in anyway and wish I would have just...
duc.gif

Other than thanking you for the extras...I don't know what to do.

Again, sorry I mentioned it.

Back
Top Bottom