frizzle,silkie,Cuckoo Maran,Showgirl,EE,Polish-Follow up thread

jumpy.gif
Here is our little day 19 fuzzy butt.... Still sleepy time.

20094_day-19-fuzzy-butt.jpg

So far ten little chicks have hatched - six more eggs are pipped. I have not opened the incubator yet to remove the babies. As long as I see new eggs cracking I suppose I should leave them alone. What do the rest of you do?

My humidity is 75% and I have both red plugs removed from the top of the incubator. All of the chicks have hatched trouble free so far.

I am also wondering about the frizzle gene. When will I notice a change in the feathers if there is one? Also I am not seeing any crests. Do these take a few days to develop or should they be noticeable as soon as they hatch?

Thanks!
Sheri

wee.gif
We are hatchin em out today! Seven have hatched in the bator with one more pipped.

I checked on our brooder hen and this is what I saw peaking out from under her wing...

20094_hen1.jpg

Go chickies
yippiechickie.gif

Update: The chick under the hen is a WCB Polish chick!

Last edited:
I looked all over for this thread and couldn't find it to post my hatching results. Just FOUND it today.
tongue.png

My chicks hatched out last Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. Friday was day 21, so some were a bit early.
Of the 30 eggs that were shipped 7 came to me broken (these things happen) so I had 23 of Joni's to start and I added 5 of my hen's eggs and 8 I got from "roosty". 14 of Joni's 23, 3 of my 5 and 5 of roosty's 8 had hatched by Friday 4/24. I left the others in the bator so they could have a chance to hatch if they were able.
Wednesday afternoon I found a blue egg pipping... It was a DUCK!!! So now we have 15/23 and 23 babies in all. That ain't too bad for shipped eggs!

16199_newchicksweb1.jpg

16199_duck.jpg

Back
Top Bottom