Frizzle thread

Pics
Are my girls Frizzles or frazzles?
I was told there frazzles. They are year old,just molted so looking freaky.

Frazzles usually have narrow, brittle feathers. Alot of times they'll break off, or just the quills will be left behind (like your girls wings). The easiest way to tell if you have a frazzle is to breed it to a smooth feathered bird. All of the resulting chicks will be frizzles
smile.png

She's super cute!
Thanks, I did incubate one of her eggs with the father being the Silkied. Would the chick still be a Frazzle if mated with a Silkied? I can't tell if the chick is a frizzle yet though. Thanks for the info.

Thanks, I did incubate one of her eggs with the father being the Silkied. Would the chick still be a Frazzle if mated with a Silkied? I can't tell if the chick is a frizzle yet though. Thanks for the info.
The chick will not be a frazzle only a regular frizzle. A frazzle is only created when two frizzles breed and give their chicks a double copy of the frizzle gene. If your chicken truly is a frazzle then the chick will undoubtedly be a frizzle. pardon me for interrupting but I've been doing a ton of research on this site ever since I got my frazzle a few weeks ago who I thought was a frizzle. (hatchery birds
barnie.gif
)

The chick will not be a frazzle only a regular frizzle. A frazzle is only created when two frizzles breed and give their chicks a double copy of the frizzle gene. If your chicken truly is a frazzle then the chick will undoubtedly be a frizzle. pardon me for interrupting but I've been doing a ton of research on this site ever since I got my frazzle a few weeks ago who I thought was a frizzle. (hatchery birds
barnie.gif
)
Thanks, I was told by someone on this site that a Frazzle would only give Frizzle chicks with smooth feather roosters. Well I hatched out one of her eggs and the rooster was a Silkied serama. I am just trying to determine if my hen is a frizzle or frazzle because her feathers are starting to look frazzled! lol If the chick ends up Silkied, then my hen is a Frizzle. If the chick ends up a frizzle, there is a good chance the hen is a Frazzle.

Thanks, I was told by someone on this site that a Frazzle would only give Frizzle chicks with smooth feather roosters. Well I hatched out one of her eggs and the rooster was a Silkied serama. I am just trying to determine if my hen is a frizzle or frazzle because her feathers are starting to look frazzled! lol If the chick ends up Silkied, then my hen is a Frizzle. If the chick ends up a frizzle, there is a good chance the hen is a Frazzle.
Yeah that's pretty much the way to go about it. I hope my frazzle turns out to be a hen!

Thanks, I was told by someone on this site that a Frazzle would only give Frizzle chicks with smooth feather roosters.  Well I hatched out one of her eggs and the rooster was a Silkied serama.  I am just trying to determine if my hen is a frizzle or frazzle because her feathers are starting to look frazzled! lol  If the chick ends up Silkied, then my hen is a Frizzle.  If the chick ends up a frizzle, there is a good chance the hen is a Frazzle.

Silkie feathers can also be frizzled :) They're not quite as noticeable, more kinky than curly.

Here are some of the chicks I've hatched from the frazzled Cochin hen I posted earlier in the thread. The first picture is my newest hatches. 6 of the chicks were hatched in the same clutch by a Silkie hen who's not in the picture. A week later, the blue hen in the pic hatched 2 more. When she brought her 2 out, they couldn't tell them apart, so they've decided to brood together. Anyway, all 8 are frizzled.

This is a cockerel that hatched early Spring:

A pullet from the same hatch as the cockerel above.

Altogether I've hatched 18 chicks from my frazzled hen, every single one has been frizzled. They've all shared the same father as well, a buff Silkie rooster with alot of smut. His color was terrible, but his type was terrific so I used him. These chicks are the start of my Sizzle project :)

this is bob... does he look like a frazzle??

This is my trio, Mo, Bob and Amy. left to right. Mo and Amy are silkie cross frizzle but i'm recently confused.. they are sisters?? Mo is getting some dark spots on her as u can c in the pic and her beak is yellow whereas Amy's is blue?

Does Bob look like a frazzle...??? i was told he is a lemon cuckoo pekin frizzle x blue frizzle bantam?? Bob has wonderful feathering soft non and brittle and more growing every day as u can see! Any one think he something else? im sure his bro was smooth when i looked at them....
idunno.gif
help!

Very cute :)

Back
Top Bottom