Frizzle thread

Pics
[/IMG]
Roo or pullet? What type of frizzle is this? I was told Napkin is a roo but haven't heard a peep but he's awesome. He's about a year old. How much so you trim around the eyes before you ruin how they should look?

I have a cochin frizzle. He was black and then started getting a tiny bit of brown on the tips of his wings. The brown has seem to of disappeared but now he is getting black and white laced feathers on his chest. He is about 2 1/2 months. WHat age do you think he'll be before I'll know what color he will be? His sister is also black but she has not changed. Black feathers, feet and beak. I ordered the eggs so I don't know what the parents look like.

Thanks. I put him with the other smaller silkies today and he was doing the sideways shuffle. Pretty sure he's a roo now. Lol. He likes to pretend he's a hawk, perching on my hand, as I put the others in the coop for the night.

Hi,

I meant to put this message in the Frizzle thread, but didn't understand how the forum worked and ended up starting a new thread.

So let me begin anew.

Our family is looking for some frizzle or sizzle hens/chicks. We cannot take Roos because right now we have one to many.

I have read on the forum there are frazzles? I don't know what those are.

We're in California. Any leads would be appreciated.

Great pictures!

Hi,

I meant to put this message in the Frizzle thread, but didn't understand how the forum worked and ended up starting a new thread.

So let me begin anew.

Our family is looking for some frizzle or sizzle hens/chicks. We cannot take Roos because right now we have one to many.

I have read on the forum there are frazzles? I don't know what those are.

We're in California. Any leads would be appreciated.

Great pictures!
Hello, I don't know where you could find one, but I can help you as to what a frazzle is. Frazzles, sometimes referred to as "curlies," are a result of breeding to frizzled birds together. Frazzles tend to have brittle feathers and most don't look very healthy. Frazzles are also claimed to produce frizzles 100% of the time when they reproduce. While frizzles only produce at a 50% ratio. If I'm incorrect and someone else reading this realizes it please feel free to enlighten me as I would not wish to lead anyone astray.

Also, here's a look at my frazzle, Bob. I took this picture just this week and I have been lucky enough for him to be as well feathered as he is. I'm hoping this doesn't change as he gets older.

Back
Top Bottom