Frizzle thread

Pics
So if I breed a frizzled Cochin rooster to a smooth hen will the smooth offspring still carry the frizzled gene?
From what I've read, you have a 50-50 chance. But you don't want to breed a frizzle to a frizzle...to much of the genetics work in there and you stand a good chance of the feathers not being healthy (break easily), or the chicken not being covered good.

Thanks. I do know about frizzle to frizzle. I bred a frizzled roo to a smooth frizzle hen. 4 out of 6 were frizzled. Thought maybe I increased my odds by both parents having gene. I LOVE my frizzles!!!

love her coloring
love.gif

Okay... I'm here because my 3wk old Welsummer chick has some bonkers feathers
D.gif
The come out and away from her body, and on another forum, somebody suggested she may be a frizzle! I don't have a pic, but she does look like the chicks in pics I have found. Tonight, though, I noticed it looked like her feathers were not necessarily curled as much as growing in backwards... They grow straight away from her body almost, then curl up, and some of the feathers seem to have the pattern underneath. Does this seem typical for frizzles?

Back
Top Bottom