Frizzle With 5 Toes?

freemare

Songster
7 Years
Apr 8, 2016
I just picked up two of the same chick at a local store and trying to figure out what they are. I think they have the frizzle gene but they both have 5 toes. What breed do you think they could be?

Attachments

• IMG_5523.JPG
    IMG_5523.JPG
    448.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_5525.JPG
    IMG_5525.JPG
    413.3 KB · Views: 86
They look white, maybe cream.
As far as I know the five toes is a silkie gene, but white skin? I’m stumped. Do any other breeds have 5 toes?
Faverolles, Dorkings, Houdans and Silkies all have five toes, which is why I think these are either Faverolles x frizzled Cochin or frizzled Cochin with something with five toes further back in their ancestry. Booted bantams have white skin but only four toes and I don't know if they come in frizzled varieties. And purebred Faverolles with frizzling would be rare if they exist at all, and not something you'd find at a feed store.

Yeah. I think they are probably frizzled Cochins with something further back in their ancestry that made the extra toe crop up. They sure are cute!
Well in a few more weeks they will have all there little feathers so maybe that will tell me more. I also have a silkie that I hatched that has only 4 toes?

Back
Top Bottom