Frizzle?

Banjoplayer

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 1, 2014
Texas
Hey y'all!
I bought 12 bantam Cochin day olds slightly over a week ago. One of them has had slightly ruffled wing feathers, I thought she may be sick. I watched her for a few days, and she is acting healthy, so I'm wondering if she may be a frizzle. Does anyone have an opinion? Please share!

I did try to post pictures, I hope they work this time...I'm terrible with technology.
1f633.png
1f913.png

Still no pic. It sounds like it might be a frizzle that you have. Where did you get your chicks? You might contact them to see if there is a possibility that a frizzle got mixed in with your Cochins. Does the chick act any different than the others? I once had a frizzle chick that was super aggressive, we had to give it away because it was mean to the other chickies. Are there any other different features on that chick? Try to get a pic on again, maybe copy/paste? That is what I do. Seeing the pic will help me know what your baby bird really is.
Hope I can help more!

~chickenchick

Here is a pic of a frizzle chick to compare yours against ~

A little older than yours but you should get the gist of it. Hope you are able to get a pic uploaded :D

I always look at them from the back to check for curl :) Some of my smooth birds feather in a little wonky sometimes, but they straighten out eventually.

There are potential frizzle genes, and it's a bit meaner than the others, but smaller. And nicer to people.

Back
Top Bottom