Frizzled Polish

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by stephanie1992, Sep 25, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

anyone have any? can u show them? i ordered some eggs online. any info on them

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Far as I know you can.

I have one though. A frizzled Tolbunt cock. [​IMG] At some point he'll produce frizzles for me but none so far yet.

[​IMG]

They're basically normal Polish, however the eggs you ordered like any properly bred frizzles will actually end up a 50/50 chance of a frizzled or a normal Polish. They're a little more handicapped than normal Polish in terms of flying, mating, tolerating cold and rain - But otherwise just as friendly, spunky, pretty, and hardy. My frizzled boy has sadly gone through countless maulings by a couple large dogs and survived them, he's gone though some hard frosty winters and even snow and survived them, and don't get me started on the rain! [​IMG]

3. stephanie1992

awww hes sooo cute! im prob ganna get mostly regular polish but i hope i get at least a few frizzled. what color is urs? hes soo pretty

4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Illia's pretty baby is a Tolbunt which also indicates the color. I have polish silkie frizzle mutts.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. stephanie1992

aww i got some sizzle eggs coming, there part polish lol aww im excited to with c how many hatch with the frizzled/sizzled gean!

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    My boy's color is called Tolbunt. It's basically a gold laced with mottling, but the frizzling kind of hides the lacing.

7. stephanie1992

i love that color, i hope one of mine get it, they said there a mix of colors so idk what ill get

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    There's <10% chance you'll get it. [​IMG] It is very rare, most often quite expensive, and requires both Tolbunt colored parents to actually get.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  9. stephanie1992

aww ur lucky then, id love to get that color

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by