Frizzles and feathering.....

txchickie

Songster
11 Years
Nov 15, 2008
Texas
I moved my 3.5 weekers out to their coop earlier today, and at midnight I went out to check on them.
All seem to be doing fine except for my little frizzled guy....? The rest are happily eating, sleeping, scratching, etc....and he's huddled under the lamp, shivering
sad.png
. Needless to say he's back in my house with another chick (the first one I could grab
tongue.png
) and probably isn't ready to go out for quite a while.

He doesn't really have as many feathers and is still quite fuzzy. Are most frizzles slower to feather out? I really don't want to have just two chickens in the house and possibly create issues with integrating them back into their group. Any ideas on what I can do? Like I said, the others are great, their coop is warm and the rest are super content with their new roomy house. Mr Friz just ain't ready I don't think
sad.png

That's typical of the curlies. You can simply make the bigger brooder warmer by lowering the light - won't hurt the others to be further away. Isolating two will create issues, you're right. Frizzles and Sizzles have less warm feathers so yes, they're more sensitive. I'd make a warmer zone in the brooder outside and worry less. He is safe under the light and he will get better at generating his own warmth.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom