Frizzles??????

tnkinhunting

Songster
11 Years
Feb 7, 2008
East Tennessee
I also bought bantam chicks from tractor supply - 8 of them - I feel sure one is frizzled (red one) possibly two - what do you all think? All are feather footed. probably cochins....?

DSC00727.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

Last edited:
I purchased firzzles from Ideal and they are 1.5 weeks old today and the firzzles wing feathers that are growing in all turn out.

How old are yours? Are their feathers turning out?

I got these wed of last week and yes one of the red/buff ones has curly wing feathers and one of the white ones looks like they are also going to curl. I have two dozen frizzle eggs in two bators - a few naked necks also, also three frizzle eggs in the third bator.....I think I have lost my mind! Chick Crazy, that's me.......sigh.......
th.gif

Here is my frizzle, mine's wings turned out just at the tips when they were 1 week or so old (they are 3-4 weeks now).

One week old here:
065-1.jpg

Today:
027-1.jpg

Last edited:
The pics are not close enuf - the little "dickens" can jump like kangaroo's!!!! They remind me of the expression "leaping lizards" which I had never seen until we moved to Cocoa, FL - they were everywhere!

But back to the chicks - I was going to set them on a towel on the table and take close up's of each one - but they are wild - leaping everywhere! I was terrified they would fall off and kill themselves.
th.gif

I will try and get some better one's - I feel like one of the white one's is a frizzle also. You know it is much cheaper to buy at TSC - these were $2.09 each and they are 3.25 each plus shipping - minimum of 25 from MMH. Of course, they are straight run assorted featherleg bantams.

Back
Top Bottom