From "assorted straight run" bin

MaBell

In the Brooder
Jul 15, 2020
I purchased 4 ducklings from the assorted straight run bin at a local feed store and would like to know the breeds of them. I'm certain one is a khaki campbell as I already have 3. I think one is a mallard (black with brown/gold lacing) and one may be a muscovy (black and white). I may be wrong on those two. The one gray and white one has me stumped. Originally, I thought it may be a runner but it doesn't possess the typical traits/stance as a runner, so I am no longer thinking it so. Can you help ID?

Pic 1 & 2 is all of the ducks enjoying the muck from dumping their pool.
Pic 3 is the 4 ducklings following the leaders
20201113_125745.jpg
20201113_125737.jpg
20201113_125756.jpg
20201113_125752.jpg

Definitely not an expert but I see a black Swedish, blue Swedish and a couple of golden layer hybrids (the brown dappled ones). All the others idk. I could be wrong that just from my experience.

Definitely not an expert but I see a black Swedish, blue Swedish and a couple of golden layer hybrids (the brown dappled ones). All the others idk. I could be wrong that just from my experience.

The bigger birds (dappled) are khaki campbell. One drake and two hens.The smaller all brown duckling is also a Campbell. She's beginning to show the same color pattern as the older hens but still could be a drake, though I dont think it's likely. The black swedish is not a bad ID. It very well could be that. I've never heard of a blue swedish but I will start looking it up asap!

The bigger birds (dappled) are khaki campbell. One drake and two hens.The smaller all brown duckling is also a Campbell. She's beginning to show the same color pattern as the older hens but still could be a drake, though I dont think it's likely. The black swedish is not a bad ID. It very well could be that. I've never heard of a blue swedish but I will start looking it up asap!
All I know about blue Swedish is that they’re blue. I’m pretty sure they stem from a black Swedish/silver Swedish cross.

Thank yall so much! EverythingDucks, the smallest all brown is a KC. I was really hoping to not have any mallards and hoped beyond hope for a rouen! The swedish is a nice surprise as well! I know they are still downy and it's quite early to tell hen/drake (their voices are still chick-like so no tell-tale signs there either) but being relatively new to the duck mama side, do you two have any guesses? I knew very early on with my KC drake as his bill was green almost from hatch and his bean was lighter. His voice also stayed squeaky and now his tail feathers leave no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom