From city to FARM...our story

Ok yall according to my incubator light that just went off, the egg turner comes out now, and eggs go on lock down WOW that went fast (guess I need to redo some of my note keeping). So I have 4 little chickies waiting to come out soon! LOCK DOWN HAS BEGAN! :ya

20201105_195636.jpg

Good morning, we woke up today and saw one of the eggs has rolled its egg a little it no longer is pointed in like I set them lastnight it is almost sideways...now explaining that doesnt mean its going to hatch today to my son is difficult but still exciting for him to see! Kind of hard to tell in the picture but the egg on the left is rolled.
20201106_092635.jpg

Just had one egg do a small external pip I had to take more than one double look at it to make sure I wasn't seeing things...so I am sitting on my hands as I have read that is the best thing for me to do right now :pop:celebrate

May I join the fun?
This is such a fun looking thread!
It must be wonderful out in the country. My dream is to end up on a farm as well, but I'm still young so I have a long way to go.

Hooray for a (so far) successful hatch!!! The first baby is adorable!
I can't wait to try hatching in the future.

May I join the fun?
This is such a fun looking thread!
It must be wonderful out in the country. My dream is to end up on a farm as well, but I'm still young so I have a long way to go.

Hooray for a (so far) successful hatch!!! The first baby is adorable!
I can't wait to try hatching in the future.
Of course come join the fun! Yes it is definitely a different pace of life out here. Do not worry about being young, my husband and I both were/are young start thinking of what your future looks like it is never to early to start planning of where and what you want to do in the future. This was my first hatch and man was it stressful and still is I have 3 more waiting to hatch baby #2 has pipped the others only have shown movment. As for the baby yes just hatched 20 minutes ago! :wee

Of course come join the fun! Yes it is definitely a different pace of life out here. Do not worry about being young, my husband and I both were/are young start thinking of what your future looks like it is never to early to start planning of where and what you want to do in the future. This was my first hatch and man was it stressful and still is I have 3 more waiting to hatch baby #2 has pipped the others only have shown movment. As for the baby yes just hatched 20 minutes ago! :wee
Don't worry, I have my everything planned out 92304 years ahead. (literally when I'm bored I draw up plans for chicken coops that I literally cannot build for YEARS)

Hatching seems like such a magical experience, even if it is stressful! It seems like they're doing super well! Are these a specific breed or barnyard mixes?

Don't worry, I have my everything planned out 92304 years ahead. (literally when I'm bored I draw up plans for chicken coops that I literally cannot build for YEARS)

Hatching seems like such a magical experience, even if it is stressful! It seems like they're doing super well! Are these a specific breed or barnyard mixes?
The 3 brown eggs I had in there are from my barred rock and I have 1 EE egg in there. I have 2 roos that do "piggy back rides" as my son says. One is a speckled sussex(Cayenne) and the other is EE (Fabio). I am thinking the 1st baby that hatched is from my EE roo and did hatch from my barred rock.

Back
Top Bottom