From city to FARM...our story

Good evening, we candled day 11 the eggs again tonight and looks like we for sure have 4 still good...the 5th one i honestly could not tell I think its a quitter but the hubby wants to hold out a few more days just to make sure here are the pictures from tonight sorry they are not the greatest had the help from our son taking them
20201029_201827.jpg
20201029_201632.jpg

Good evening, we candled day 11 the eggs again tonight and looks like we for sure have 4 still good...the 5th one i honestly could not tell I think its a quitter but the hubby wants to hold out a few more days just to make sure here are the pictures from tonight sorry they are not the greatest had the help from our son taking them
View attachment 2392273View attachment 2392274
Egg-citing! How many chickens do plan to have in total? Well for about the next month until *chicken math!* and you decide to get more

Egg-citing! How many chickens do plan to have in total? Well for about the next month until *chicken math!* and you decide to get more
Welp...thats a tricky question! Currently we have 13, if these babies hatch not including the one in question it will bring me to 17 :eek: (i know thats minimal compared to some byc folks) we have plenty of room on the farm. I would like to hatch again once I separate my breeds to whom they belong with. Long term plan...hear me out I know I am not the first to come up with this on BYC I might eventually attempt at selling chick's or eggs at least but I do get attached to the chickens so it might not work out that way:idunno. The hubby brought up a good point about pumpkins in my 2 street light little town there is not a pumpkin patch within 30 minutes not even the grocery store is selling pumpkins so maybe even start a pumpkin patch for next season for the kids in town. One day down the road I would like to not have to do that hour and half drive into work...I know you weren't looking for that long of a reply but that wasn't a simple answer for me to answer your question I do not really have a number in mind to have on the farm though guess now would be a really good time to start that train of thought. I have a few breedsin mind I would like to add to my flock though.

Last edited:
Doing yard work yesterday...guess what we found these sneaky ladies have been hiding eggs 13 to be exact had to throw them out not sure how long they have been there :idunno and nobody has been sitting over there, guess I know where else to check from now on.

20201104_151014.jpg

Doing yard work yesterday...guess what we found these sneaky ladies have been hiding eggs 13 to be exact had to throw them out not sure how long they have been there :idunno and nobody has been sitting over there, guess I know where else to check from now on.

View attachment 2399808
You found their secret spot! :D

Back
Top Bottom