From egg to chick!

One of the ducks has died. My son walked in the bathroom and hour ago and everything was fine. Then about 15 minutes ago. Dead.
Idk what went wrong. They all had a "bath" last night. I made sure they were dried off as best as possible. They had food and water. It was nice and warm in there. I have a plate deep enough They can easily dip their bills in bc the chicken waterers were small.
Sorry for your loss! Did they have enough room in the water to dip their whole face in? Ducks need to wash off their eyes or they can become infected. Or you might have just gotten unlucky and one of the ducks might have had a random heart attack—things like that happen with no warning or reason.

Sorry for your loss! Did they have enough room in the water to dip their whole face in? Ducks need to wash off their eyes or they can become infected. Or you might have just gotten unlucky and one of the ducks might have had a random heart attack—things like that happen with no warning or reason.
Yes. They even had a bath last night for well over 30 minutes. Water was deep enough to dunk but still shallow enough if they got tired they could put their feet down and not be too deep. I even towel dried them gently. Made it nice and warm. I even tried the blow dryer on low and made sure it was warm. (Two ducks LOVED being warm and tasty with the hair dryer on low and warm). I wish I knew more about stuff like that. I am assuming since the other ducks are okay it might be something that just happened?

Yes. They even had a bath last night for well over 30 minutes. Water was deep enough to dunk but still shallow enough if they got tired they could put their feet down and not be too deep. I even towel dried them gently. Made it nice and warm. I even tried the blow dryer on low and made sure it was warm. (Two ducks LOVED being warm and tasty with the hair dryer on low and warm). I wish I knew more about stuff like that. I am assuming since the other ducks are okay it might be something that just happened?
I don't know what the cause of death would be, then. Likely something totally random like a heart attack, as I mentioned.

I don't know what the cause of death would be, then. Likely something totally random like a heart attack, as I mentioned.
Probably. Other 5 are fine. Poor baby.

On a good note, the Serama hatching eggs come in today. I'm gonna let them hang out (pointy side down) for 24 hours and I will set them tomorrow afternoon probably. I only have 6 (plus an extra for insurance) coming. Hopefully all of them made it intact. I will have to do a Serama egg hatching thread. They should hatch right after my and hubs anniversary. Should we do a theme?

Back
Top Bottom