From Exciting Garden Project to a Looming Disaster

PS: Did you get your materials?:fl

Nope, but I did warn you that you probably didn't want an update. Lol
He never showed and never even sent me a message to explain why. :(

I finally sent him a message around 9pm explaining that it's extremely uncomfortable for me to have to keep reaching out to him every time he doesn't show up when he says he will. I also said I want the additional money I gave him toward materials so I can have it delivered to my house. We'll see what happens from here but I kind of have a feeling now that I'm asking for money back it's going to turn on me and what was already a bad experience is just going to get worse.

So sorry!
It's already 'worse'! If he does show up, his work is sub-par, and won't last. Jerk!
Mary
Nope. Go straight to court. Do not pass go. Do not give $200.

I agree with both!

He has done a bad job. NO! Do not let him continue as there is zero eason to think it will get any better.
Soooo much more expensive to fix a giant bad job than a mid sized bad job.

I'm new here, but I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry this has happened to you! It is absolutely heartbreaking that people just don't stand by their word anymore. My husband is a foreman for a fence company and has been professionally installing fences for over 20 years and I can't tell you how many stories he hears like this every year when he's fixing the mess someone else made when they took the money and ran.

Even worse are the people who work for them for a very short time and who are just expected to do what they're told who will then call him on a weekend to please help because they represented themselves as someone like my husband who knows what they're doing and takes pride in doing beautiful work and then are in over their heads on a side job for some poor unsuspecting person who believed they knew what they were doing. I'm just so very sorry and I really hope you get things straightened out and can get your money back.

I'm new here, but I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry this has happened to you! It is absolutely heartbreaking that people just don't stand by their word anymore. My husband is a foreman for a fence company and has been professionally installing fences for over 20 years and I can't tell you how many stories he hears like this every year when he's fixing the mess someone else made when they took the money and ran.

Even worse are the people who work for them for a very short time and who are just expected to do what they're told who will then call him on a weekend to please help because they represented themselves as someone like my husband who knows what they're doing and takes pride in doing beautiful work and then are in over their heads on a side job for some poor unsuspecting person who believed they knew what they were doing. I'm just so very sorry and I really hope you get things straightened out and can get your money back.

Welcome to BYC! Thank you. We need more wonderful people like your husband around here!

Back
Top Bottom