From Warm San Diego

Its a my chihuahua...ROMEO!!! Lol. Only kidding, however, he did look that small and cute when he was younger...not that he isn't now...but you know how all pets are, they have that deeper "shade" of cuteness when they are still a baby. Hehe

Yeah...I love San Diego. The weather is always so nice here. Never too cold...and never too hot. Most of the time just right
big_smile.png

- Tommy

Grew up in Spring Valley... I go back to visit, and soak up the sun for a few days, but I can't handle the crowds anymore.
barnie.gif

Hey, send some of that sun my way, wouldya? I need to thaw out some ground for a new coop!!!
cool.png

Oh wow!

Spring Valley huh? I used to live there too! Moved a lil further up north to Campo area, which is only about 10 miles up from Spring Valley. : )

Great...so what do ya guys have?

- Tommy

Ha!
lol.png
My Dad goes out to Campo every weekend... he's a volunteer engineer at the railway museum out there (steam locomotives). I was just out there in Nov... don't know when I'll be visiting again, tho.

Thank you for the wonderful comment on the website... I can't wait to actually HAVE all the birds I have on there as "coming soon!"... but they are, coming soon! Next weekend we're picking up Lt Brahmas and Mille Fleurs, along with some BBB turkeys. Possibly some ducks, too, if the local feed store doesn't get their shipment in tomorrow... boys have been promised, so there's no changing minds now!
lol.png
Also picking up a couple more pair of quail. Once the 50 quail eggs come, and the Dorking chicks and eggs, we'll be well over 150 birds...
barnie.gif

lol.png
Well, when you're passing through Casa de Oro, look south and wave to my parents!
frow.gif

You are welcome!

Hehe. I will sure try to wave to them, if I know what they look like. Haha
By the way, Campo is a VERY nice location. You can raise anything you like, yet, its not like "Country-side" kinda deal because the stores and the city is only like 5-10 miles out. Haha. I LOVE that place.

Wow, you will be FILLED with work now with all those birds you are planning to get. I would LOVE to get quails too, but gee...I barely have enough time with all the pets I have now and college and all.

In the future when I have my own home, my goal is to build a 60-80 feet long by 20 feet high avairy and pet EVERY bird and fowl that I love in there : )

- Tommy

I always had a soft spot for Potrero...dunno if it was warm summer outings that I have fond memories of, or what, but I liked it out there. Don't know if it's changed much... did the fires in Oct run through there? They came within 3 miles of my parent's place, up behind Sweetwater Springs. I didn't know if I was going to have a home to go home to in Nov...
sad.png
They were lucky, though. Only evacuated for one night, and everything was fine.

Wow... a 60x80'... that would be heaven...
big_smile.png

Yeah, the month was like Hell in San Diego. It was CRAZY! Qualcum was packed. But wow, only an event like that shows how much we willing to become "one" in a event as such. My family had to be evacuated as well and it was WOW...I'mma leave it @ that.

Yeah, I was thinking of something of that size so I can put any bird imaginable that I ever loved in there. Since its so big...they won't fight over space.
big_smile.png

- Tommy

Back
Top Bottom